Thursday 12 January 2012

Welcome!

Good day and hello! Welcome to An Awful Lot of Reading, my new book review blog, because apparently Sophie is a bad influence in this respect!

I don't expect this to kick off well right away; what I do plan however, is to review the books I read, as I read them. As I am in the middle of my second year studying English Lit, quite a few of them will be classical literature, for which I apologise in advance if that's not your kind of thing. But it's good practice for me.

Coming up soon:
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
This Side of the Grave by Jeanine Frost
Restoration by Rose Tremain

As soon as I can:
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Looking For Alaska by John Green

On a side note, anyone get the reference with my name?

1 comment:

  1. that's a GREAT blog name ;)
    I can't wait for this, actually. especially for your thoughts on Frankenstein. We read it for English last year and it's one of the only books I really liked. Well, that and Sherlock Holmes haha (I'm such a nerd:P)

    ReplyDelete