Saturday 19 April 2014

UKYA day!

Lucy of Queen of Contemporary and Project UKYA has declared today to be a celebration of UKYA novels and their authors. So, to spread the love, I have my UKYA collection and some of my favourite books!


So here is my current UKYA collection, as it stands next to my bed. This is not all of my UKYA books, some I don't keep here, others are on my kindle. Some of my favourites of this list are: Soulmates by Holly Bourne, Dear Dylan by Siobhan Curham, Adorkable by Sarra Manning, ACID by Emma Pass and Rockoholic by CJ Skuse.

Some others that are on my kindle are Geek Girl by Holly Smale, anything by Sarra Manning (YA or not) and The Weight of Souls by Bryony Pearce.

A couple of the newer UKYA books that I've read and loved:
- The Fearless by Emma Pass
- Riot by Sarah Mussi
- Rock War by Robert Muchamore
- Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne

And then there are those that, in my opinion, sort of qualifies as UKYA but I'm not entirely sure because of whatever reason. See for yourselves:
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan - written by Irish author but set in imaginary part of the Cotswold. Meh, even imaginary, I think it still counts.
- Girl About Time by Kerstin Gier - set in London but translated from German
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young - written by Canadian/English author (whom I adore, by the way) and set... oh, some creepy future world, who knows where!

So, there you have it. My collection of UKYA, as it currently stands. Of course it will grow, as I have a few UKYA books coming  up on my TBR as well as the constant flow of recommendations from this amazing community! Tell me which are your favourite UK novels, do you share any of mine? Happy UKYA day!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Sarah Rees Brennan Irish? So then that counts as UKYA?

    ReplyDelete