Friday 23 May 2014

Friday Reads: God Save The Queen and White Hot Kiss

Apart from my short 'Currently Reading' part of my Weekly Highlights and of course my Goodreads, I don't really make you guys aware of what I'm reading and thinking as I'm reading it. And as part of a slight overhaul of my blog to make it more interesting and diverse, I thought I would occasionally write up some random thoughts I might have about the book I'm reading that can't wait for the review.

Anyway, that was a much longer introduction than I meant it to be, so let's get to it!


A couple of days ago I started God Save The Queen by Kate Locke. This is the first in a series set in a Steampunk alternate history London, following a young woman as she tries to find her sister and uncover the truth about the aristocracy. Because I've only had a chance to read on the train to and from work lately, I've been reading this quite slowly. I expected to fall completely in love with this and while I am enjoying it, it's not what I thought it would be.

I'm not at work today so apart from a few errands, I have plenty of time to read so hopefully will get through it faster than I have been! 

I am also reading White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L Armentrout. Her books are something of a guilty pleasure; I just cannot resist a good dark romance and this is no different! I read the first 40% on a sunny afternoon earlier in the week and hope to fly through the rest this weekend.

What is everyone reading/planning to read this weekend? Will it be in the sun or the rain? (I'm in the rain for a lot of this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment