Sunday 7 June 2015

Weekly Highlights: the 'Fun in the Sun' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!

I can't really believe we're in June already - at least it's finally starting to act like summer! Not a bad week, had my interview on Wednesday, found out I didn't get it on Friday - yeah, it sucks but I don't feel bad about it because I know I did my best. Today I am over at my grandparents celebrating a birthday, so sun and family all around! And hopefully no hayfever, which I had something terrible on Friday and yesterday.

On The Blog
Review of Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry (4 stars)
Review of Legacy, Fracture and Resistance by CJ Daugherty (4 stars)
Review of How To Be Bad by E Lockhart (4 stars)

Currently Reading
Halfway through Cress, book three of the Lunar Chronicles, which I am officially in love with! Next up is The Art of Being Normal, which is Bookish Brits group read for June.

On My Bookshelf
On The Fence by Kasie West
For sixteen-year-old Charlotte Reynolds, aka Charlie, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its perks. She can outrun, outscore, and outwit every boy she knows—including her longtime neighbor and honorary fourth brother, Braden. But when it comes to being a girl, Charlie doesn't know the first thing about anything. So when she starts working at chichi boutique to pay off a speeding ticket, she finds herself in a strange new world of makeup, lacy skirts, and BeDazzlers. Even stranger, she's spending time with a boy who has never seen her tear it up in a pickup game.

To cope with the stress of faking her way through this new reality, Charlie seeks late-night refuge in her backyard, talking out her problems with Braden by the fence that separates them. But their Fence Chats can't solve Charlie's biggest problem: she's falling for Braden. Hard. She knows what it means to go for the win, but if spilling her secret means losing him for good, the stakes just got too high.


Something of a fluke find as I was browsing kindle books, but I scored this long-time-wish-list for 99p!

Endgame by CJ Daugherty
Broken. Scattered. But not defeated.

The spy is gone but the cost has been high - the rebels at Cimmeria Academy have lost their leader and Carter West is missing. Nathaniel can taste victory. But Allie and the other survivors aren't done yet. First they have to get Carter back. Then they plan to make Nathaniel pay.

One way or another - the game must end.


The final book in the Night School series, I am beyond excited to read this! Thank you so much Sophie for passing along your copy!

1 comment: