Sunday 14 June 2015

Weekly Highlights: the 'LOL' edition


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things! 

It's been a pretty good week this week, apart from hayfever. Done my volunteering, been shopping and spent too much money, and I'm spending the whole weekend at The Fiance's house. I've been going a little crazy with reading as well, which is great. I even lasted 45 minutes reading in the back garden before my eyes started watering! In other news, I've applied to a few great looking jobs, and I have an interview next weekend so good thoughts please!


On The Blog
Review of Murder Most Unladylike by Robin Stevens (4 stars)
Review of the Lunar Chronicles (so far) by Marissa Meyer (5 stars)


Currently Reading
Kody Keplinger's new book Lying Out Loud, details below. Just started and it's awesome! 

On My Bookshelf
My Secret Rockstar Boyfriend by Eleanor Wood
Geeky girl meets famous boy . . . what could go wrong?

Tuesday Cooper is happy being normal -doing her a-levels and indulging in her twin obsessions: buying weird vintage clothes in charity shops and writing her beloved music blog (which nobody ever reads). Her love for music started when she was thirteen and had a massive crush on Jackson Griffith, teen rock god and SUPER HOT LOVE OF HER LIFE. Now Tuesday's eighteen and has moved on to fancying boys in real life and Jackson went off the celebrity radar years ago.

So it can't be him that's messaging her on her blog, can it?

From one girl's computer to the pyramid stage at Glastonbury Festival, this is a love story for anyone who has ever wished that someone would sing a love song just for them.

Dreams can come true . . .



Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story—a story that has never been told … until now.

These two I couldn't resist when I visited Bath Waterstones, they both sound really cool. Fairest I need for my Lunar Chronicles collection, plus Levana is the best villain, and MSRB is getting great reviews all around.

Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger
Sonny Ardmore is an excellent liar. She lies about her dad being in prison. She lies about her mom kicking her out. And she lies about sneaking into her best friend's house every night because she has nowhere else to go.

Amy Rush might be the only person Sonny shares everything with— secrets, clothes, even a nemesis named Ryder Cross.

Ryder's the new kid at Hamilton High and everything Sonny and Amy can't stand—a prep-school snob. But Ryder has a weakness: Amy. So when Ryder emails Amy asking her out, the friends see it as a prank opportunity not to be missed.

But without meaning to, Sonny ends up talking to Ryder all night online. And to her horror, she realizes that she might actually like him. Only there's one small catch: he thinks he's been talking to Amy. So Sonny comes up with an elaborate scheme to help Ryder realize that she's the girl he's really wanted all along. Can Sonny lie her way to the truth, or will all her lies end up costing her both Ryder and Amy?


Yes! I am beyond excited for this! I love Kody's books - thank you Hodder!

No comments:

Post a Comment