Friday 9 September 2016

Friday Reads: And I Darken and Animal

I've decided to bring this feature back - I trialed it ages ago and I really liked doing it, I feel like it's a nice little break from constant reviews but I'll only continue if you guys feel the same way. So please let me know!


Image result for and i darkenThis week I've been powering through And I Darken by Kiersten White. I love the premise and the writing and even the setting, it's just really long! At nearly 500 pages, it probably wasn't the best idea to start it as I go back to work but the idea of a female Vlad the Impaler was just too good to pass up. And you guys should probably know by now, I am obsessed with Dracula and the mythology of Vlad the Impaler so that alone is making me stick with this.


Image result for animal sara pascoeI've also recently really gotten into feminist non-fiction. I read non-fiction very sporadically but after finished Holly Bourne's Spinster trilogy in the summer, I'm in the mood for feminist stuff. I've just started Animal by Sara Pascoe which blends psychology with feminist views and personal anecdotes. It's really interesting so far (as I'm on page 20-something!) and I'm intrigued to see what else is in store.


Let me know what you think of this being a semi-regular feature, and share what you're reading this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to read Animal! Tempted to give the audiobook a go... I DNFed And I Dark after about 100 pages as I got a little bored and it just felt so slow! I feel like I missed something everyone else loved.

    ReplyDelete