Sunday 5 February 2017

Weekly Highlights: the 'February TBR' edtion


Weekly Highlights is a feature borrowed from Faye of A Daydreamer's Thoughts, where I get to highlight my posts of the week, show you my new books and talk about bookish things!

January sure dragged its feet, didn't it? Thank god for February, where it's getting lighter, slightly warmer and half term! Below are a few of my favourite posts from the last month, and I must apologise for the lack of book covers - Blogger just wasn't playing ball with images.

On The Blog
Review of Trouble Makes A Comeback by Stephanie Tromly
Review of Beware That Girl by Teresa Toten
Review of Bad Blood by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Currently Reading
Some Girls Do by Clodagh Murphy - I fancied something a little different and this fluffy, not-to-be-taken-seriously romp is definitely that!

On My Bookshelf
Moondust by Gemma Fowler
When Lumite was discovered on the Moon, the dark days of the Earth appeared to be over. But disaster struck: a huge explosion at the first Lumite power station. Agatha, god-daughter of the founder of Lunar Inc., was sole survivor. As the 10th anniversary of the disaster looms, Aggie takes centre stage, a poster-girl for the company. But a chance meeting with one of the prisoner-miners, the darkly attractive Danny, changes her mind about everything she knows about her world.


Space, romance and futuristic settings, I am all over this! Thank you Chicken House!

Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt
Lexi Angelo has grown up helping her dad with his events business. She likes to stay behind the scenes, planning and organizing...until author Aidan Green - messy haired and annoyingly arrogant - arrives unannounced at the first event of the year. Then Lexi's life is thrown into disarray.
In a flurry of late-night conversations, mixed messages and butterflies, Lexi discovers that some things can't be planned. Things like falling in love...


Wing Jones by Katherine Webber
Jandy Nelson meets Friday Night Lights: a sweeping story about love and family from an exceptional new voice in YA. With a grandmother from China and another from Ghana, fifteen-year-old Wing Jones is often caught between worlds. But when tragedy strikes, Wing discovers a talent for running she never knew she had. Wing's speed could bring her family everything it needs. It could also stop Wing getting the one thing she wants.

I bought both of these my my Christmas Waterstones voucher (thank you Sophie!) and I've already read Unconventional, which was fantastic in every way!

The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
Seventeen-year-old Molly Peskin-Suso knows all about unrequited love-she's lived through it twenty-six times. She crushes hard and crushes often, but always in secret. Because no matter how many times her twin sister, Cassie, tells her to woman up, Molly can't stomach the idea of rejection. So she's careful. Fat girls always have to be careful.

Then a cute new girl enters Cassie's orbit, and for the first time ever, Molly's cynical twin is a lovesick mess. Meanwhile, Molly's totally not dying of loneliness-except for the part where she is.
Luckily, Cassie's new girlfriend comes with a cute hipster-boy sidekick. Will is funny, flirtatious, and just might be perfect crush material. Maybe more than crush material. And if Molly can win him over, she'll get her first kiss and she'll get her twin back.

There's only one problem: Molly's coworker, Reid. He's an awkward Tolkien superfan, and there's absolutely no way Molly could fall for him. Right?

Just excuse me when I scream a little bit, which I totally did when I got auto-approved my Penguin Random House! I am so looking forward to this one, I loved Simon Versus so have high hopes for Becky's next book. Thank you Netgalley and Penguin Random House!


February TBR
My priorities are the above, especially the two review books. I would also really like to get to the two graphic novels that have been sat on my shelf since Christmas. Apart from that, I'm in a bit of a weird reading mood so any suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment