Friday 24 March 2017

Dream Loot Crate

Loot Crate is a subscription box company that sends out monthly boxes full of gifts and geeky goodness, so when I learned about the project where I could design my dream crate - what I would like to have appear through the letter box - I jumped at the chance to get creative and so wild!

Now, because I am primarily a book nerd, I have designed my dream crate around an upcoming release that I am really excited for: Wonder Woman by Leigh Bardugo. And with a book like that, what could my theme possibly be other than "Heroines"?


Wonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)

Loot Crate boxes typically have a few items that include a figurine, a household item, a comic book and a t-shirt. So that's where I started. The book was done, all sorted, but I couldn't decide on what other heroines I wanted to highlight. Marvel and DC are obvious choices and lo and behold:

The Mighty Heroines of Marvel blanket, Captain Marvel mug, Wonder Woman print. I think that covers a few good choices of women to aspire to!

I had to get some other fandoms in there so I found Hermione Granger's wand as a necklace, an Emma Swan pop vinyl and Rey's cuff bracelet.



The images I've used are real items for sale and I think can be found on a few different sites - these are just for ideas and to demonstrate what I had in mind.

Some other ideas but I couldn't find anything specific were: the X-men, the Scarlet Witch, the Black Widow, Agent Carter (all from Marvel), Merida from Disney's Brave, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Daenerys from Game of Thrones. As this is make-believe, I could go mad and say I'd like to include Dany's dragons, Buffy's stakes (and maybe Giles' library), Storm's mutant powers or at least her keys to the School, Peggy Carter's wardrobe... this could go on for a while!

Thank you to Loot Crate for inspiring me to create this post and let me know if there's anything you'd like in a Crate.

No comments:

Post a Comment