Tuesday 28 March 2017

Top Ten Authors I Can't Believe I've Met

A.k.a ten times Anya very nearly made a fool of herself in front of her favourite people. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish.

Am I Normal Yet? (The Spinster Club, #1)1 - CJ Skuse - I've actually met CJ quite a few times now, twice at YALC and once at my local library. It's gotten to the point where she remembers me, which is both amazing and so sweet! 

2 - Holly Bourne - met Holly twice, both times at YALC, where I was able to get all of her books signed

3 - Rainbow Rowell - the first YALC, at the end of a very long queue, got Attachments and Fangirl signed.

4 - Sarra Manning - at YALC last year (are you sensing a pattern?) where I had a lovely chat with her and got Adorkable and London Belongs To Us signed.

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)5 - Sarah J Maas - at Bath's Children Lit Fest last October, I went with Alyce, and I took Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses to get signed. She'd hurt her wrist so her husband was using a stamp for some of the books, which was adorable and I told him so.

6 - Moira Young - I went with Sophie to her book launch in Bath Waterstones for Rebel Heart a few years ago. I talked to her and other book people and had a lot of fun. 

7 - Rachel Caine - another event with Sophie, this time in Bristol for the latest Morganville book, I think it was Fall of Night. We made a day of it, went shopping and had dinner.

8 - Liz Kessler - had a lovely chat with her at the book launch at YALC for Haunt Me, where I got my ARC signed. Didn't stay for very long, it had been a long day and we were exhausted! Lots of fun though.

Remix9 - Non Pratt - I think this only just counts - a couple of fellow bloggers and I got into a chat with her while at YALC last year, just while we were standing at the Barrington Stoke stall. I did get her to sign my tote bag and she was completely charming, considering we sort of ambushed her.

10 - Lucy Saxon - once at YALC, where she was dressed as Celaena from ToG, and once at Bath Kid Lit Fest, where she hosted the Sarah J Maas event. Incidentally, she was a great host, as a fellow fangirl, she asked great questions about Sarah's writing and characters.

1 comment:

  1. wow - I'm so jealous! You've met so many amazing authors - Sarah J Maas is definitely on my list of authors I want to meet!

    ReplyDelete