Tuesday 4 April 2017

Top Ten Merch for a Harry Potter Fan

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish.

The theme this week is a fandom freebie and I've decided to use it to highlight some of the (great) Harry Potter merchandise I've got along with some I desperately want. P.S - in creating this post, I went through my box of HP stuff and remembered how much of a nerd I was, I badgered my parents to buy me anything and everything HP related! You'll see.


1 - Pop Vinyls

I adore Pops, they are so damn cute and I have a growing collection. But my HP one's sit proudly on my HP shelf (yes, I have one of those), where I have Harry in Quidditch gear as well as Ron, Hermione and Luna. I desperately want Draco Malfoy and Hagrid.

2 - Jewellery 

The obvious ones for any HP fan is the Deathly Hallows necklace and the Time Turner, of which I now have both. From a lovely seller on Etsy, I also bought book-themed necklaces with a quote from Hermione on one, and the Marauders Map on the other. 


3 - Jewellery part 2
Officially Licensed Hermione Granger Wand Necklace With Ollivanders Wand Box! - Wizarding Wares
Hermione's wand as a necklace. This is something I talked about my Dream Loot Crate post last week and seriously, next pay day, I'm going for it, it is glorious!

4 - Stationary
This is a new addition to my notebook collection - I couldn't resist!

5 - Mug
It had an accident with the dishwasher but it still works and it holds the greatest amount of hot chocolate.

6 - Banner
A gift from one of my best friend's Sophie - she knows me so well!

7 - Wand

Voice activated, which doesn't work but I love it anyway. 

Side note: this is the photo I was talking about, this is all the cards, stationary, badges, toys, stickers and games I collected when I was a kid. The bag I used for primary school, the cards along the bottom are from Chocolate Frogs, remember those? That's a Mirror of Erised pencil case, a Book of Spells, a colouring pad, a sticker book, Top Trumps, House badges (don't ask me why I don't have Hufflepuff, I don't think I ever found one)... and I'm realising I am a huge dork and I am so proud of younger Anya for saving all of this!

 I know that's only seven but I'm going to stop because honestly, I have tears in my eyes from this trip down memory lane. Harry Potter has been a part of my life since I was 10 and all of the merch and stuff that came with it has allowed me to revel in this fantastic world for so long. 

Let me know if there's any Harry Potter related merch you are proud of, or if there's anything you desperately want!

No comments:

Post a Comment